[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 35M and Rolleinar 3,5/200mm

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:48:16 -0700

Being a long time match shooter, I find that I can hand hold heavy cameras and lenses far more steady than light equipment. Let out half a breath, then release the shutter in between heart beats.

But to each his own...

Jim

At 03:52 PM 9/8/2007 -0400, Allen Zak wrote:

Competitive shooters train with weights to build muscle for the challenge of holding a heavy barrel still. Likewise, unless someone is in that kind of shape, it is not easy to hold a heavy camera motionless, at least for long. The first few exposures might be rock steady, but as muscles tire quickly from the weight, wobble will inevitably ensue. The effects are subtle, probably not noticeable except in the results.

From the standpoint of someone in fairly good shape although no athlete, I have found that, in general, lightweight gear tends to a better outcome. It's largely a matter of technique, with weight a secondary consideration. Give it a try... :-)

Allen Zak