[rollei_list] Rolleiflex SL 35 System

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:20:57 -0400

Carlos,
Thanks for this information. What's the oval black button next to the shutter speed ring for? Aperture stop-down?

Again, of all the Rolleiflex 35 mm SLR the first one was the classiest (with the 2000 & 3000 sysem being in a different league).

I do have the Nov. 1978 Rolleiflex SL35 E Modern Photography test, if you are interested in a scan.
Jan

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
I perceived a lack of organized info about the Rolleiflex SL 35
different models in the web and wrote a blog about them, I used
brochures and my own photographs to illustrate the text; f.e. if you
don't know why Rollei abandoned the original SL 35 development to
adopt cameras based on older Zeiss Ikon/Voigtländer designs, read my
blog, I also clarify some wrong ideas you can read in the Web about
every camera of the system (I don't include the SL 2000 and 3000
cameras, they are for other blog, but I mention them for some
purposes), I explain in detail the QBM bayonet variants among other
things. BTW Herr Claus Prochnow books, Rollei Report III and IV
specially, are one of the sources for the work, but there is a lot of
info from other sources too. I have included a quote from Marc's book
about the exact Leica Thread Mount size in the Rollei QBM adapters
consideration. I apologize for some grammatical error in advance, text
is pretty large (opinions and corrections are welcome of course):
http://rolleiflexsl35system.blogspot.com/2011/06/rolleiflex-sl-35- system.html