[rollei_list] Rolleiflex SL 35 E and birds in the wild

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:31:55 -0300

Last month I bought a tele lens 6,3/400mm from the '60s-'70s made in Japan,
its commercial brand is according the importer: Hanimex, Soligor, Vivitar
and others; mine is "Hanimex", an importer from Australia; it has M42 mount
and then my topic about the Rollei M42- QBM adapter.

This tele lens is long like a canyon and heavy. It has a ring with a tripod
socket but I used it camera hand-held (not recommended, it requires a
tripod). I was only checking it for the first time, I had a Kodak Pro-image
ISO 100 loaded in the Rolleiflex SL 35 E (the tele lens requires an ISO 400
film at least). You need 1/500 or faster shutter speed to eliminate camera
movement in the image; if you are using an ISO 100 film, you are limited to
the lens f stop full aperture, f 6,3, for subjects in shadow.

I took these two photographs about birds in the wild last week- end in the
farm; they were taken with the Hanimex 6,3/400mm, camera hand-held, lens
wide open f6,3, 1/500 shutter speed, Kodak Pro-Image ISO 100 color negative
film, and the Rolleiflex SL 35 E with the Rollei M42 adapter, It's not easy
to take photographs about birds in the wild, I'm starting to learn:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/16386867475/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/16199455170/