[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex MX (Xenar)

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:59:04 -0300

Jan's MX can use a Rolleigrid, however the camera can't receive the
Rolleifix if it has the original back because it has the SN 1256064
and the Rolleifix groove was included from the SN 1268000, the baffles
also were manufactured from the same serial number after Rollei
started the 2.8C production. Anyway the camera back can be replaced to
use one with the Rolleifix groove.
This camera was made about the ending of 1952 or the beginning of 1953
considering the serial number, the Schneider lens age and the lack of
improvements that appeared with the 2.8 C from December 1952 to before
the middle of 1953.
The Rolleikin II back with the interchangeable 6x6cm and 24x36mm
pressure plate position appeared in 1950 for the 3.5X from the SN
1160000. The MX or 3.5A shares in part the serial numbers blocks with
the 2.8A, 2.8B and 2.8C

Carlos