[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex MX (Xenar)

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:24:39 -0300

Jan:
        I use an "universal" strap in my 'cord IV with similar strap
hangers, any strap for a 35mm camera with the rings or triangle for
the strap would work.
I noticed a substantial improvement in my 2.8C ground glass viewfinder
after a technician cleaned the viewing lens, the mirror and the ground
glass, I don't really need a different focusing screen. I also have
the original ground glass in the 'cord IV in spite of the f3.2 viewing
lens, the difference with the 2.8 viewing lens is perceptible but very
slight.
The first Rollei TLR with the groove for the Rolleifix was the 2.8C.
Writing from memory, the MX or 3.5A does not have double exposure
capability and then you couldn't use the trick I use to set 1/500 if I
already cocked the shutter in the 2.8C and 'cord IV, I release the
shutter with the lens cap and afterward I set 1/500 cocking the
shutter again after to turn the double exposure wheel.
Congratulations for the "new " camera!

Carlos