[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex Focusing

  • From: "Petr Dvorak" <pdvorak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:37:02 -0400

Hello Elias,

Take two similar shots of a distant subject with the lens wide open - one
with focus on your ground glass, one with your distance scale. Which one's
sharper? You can also run a more comprehensive focusing test, like the one
described here: http://photo.net/learn/focustest/

Cheers,
Petr

On 6/19/07, ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...and while I'm on the subject of the Rolleimeter.

While testing focus I noticed that what's in focus on my ground glass
doesn't seem to jive with what my distance scale says  -  it may just
be my lack of practice with meters. Things that are much further away
than 20m are out of focus at infinity. What should I believe, the
ground glass or the scale?

Thanks,

Elias