[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex FT focusing mechanism

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:35:06 -0300

Hi Eric:
        My now pretty old Pentax A  28-80 zoom at 80mm has a position
where the nearest focusing distance becomes a few centimeters from the
subject, a special lens element integrated into the general lens
allows it (a lot of zooms have similar feature); I thought something
similar could be possible for the dedicated FT Tele-Xenar considering
the new optical glasses and plastics and floating and aspheric
elements and computer software available for the lens designer and in
spite of the traditional mathematics for optics.

Carlos