[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex Appreciation

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:51:16 -0700

Having once held a Yashica TLR and felt how lightweight and plasticky it was
was enough for me to stick with my Rolleiflexes and 'cords.  I'm sure they
are capable of good images (as was my couple of Seagull TLRs....while they
lasted) but I cannot fathom why people pay $200 or more for a Yashica TLR
when you can get a very decent Rolleicord, and a CLA, and the cost would be
the same (heck, with patience even a Rolleiflex can be found for about the
same).

This guy (see left hand column: Yashica) seems to have some pretty strong
opinion drawn from his experience too:

http://ikonrollieflexrepair.com/page04.html

--
Richard S.