[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: John Stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:31:52 +1000

Some time ago I wrote about my Singapore Rollei 35S which has a meter in need of repair. Marc asked for more info, so belatedly here it is.

I no longer have a 5.6volt battery that is full voltage. But several years ago I had two that were full voltage. At that time, the meter worked when the light level was quite high (at which times I don't really need a meter!), and gave "too low" LED sign at around 1/60sec f5.6 at ISO=400 and at lower light levels. I'm not sure exactly if that was the cut-off light level, but it was close to that. No equivalent combination of aperture/shutter made any difference.

Two technicians have had it apart and have ruled out simple connection issues, battery holder etc. Both said that parts are unavailable, but I'm sure they didn't comb the planet for an elusive part that might exist somewhere.

So if there is someone who knows of a possible fix I would appreciate it. I will keep the camera because the lens is excellent and, unlike several tiny cameras that I have, I can easily set this little Rollei on settings that I want and don't have to worry about trying to outsmart auto focus, auto exposure and the like.

John Stockdale

Marc James Small wrote:
At 06:21 PM 11/9/2009, John Stockdale wrote:
>I have a Singapore 35S with a non-working meter. Two technicians here
>(Australia) say it can't be repaired due to absence of parts.
>
>Is there anyone who might be able to do it?

Please be more precise. Which parts do you need? Is the issue with the meter or with the wiring or with the battery compartment?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!