[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3.5F CLA

  • From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:40:45 +0100

I'd say step away!

Send it to a professional for maintenance.
In my opinion, half the CLA isn't about fixing a problem, but preventing
new ones from developing. I would guess a technician needs lots of
experience on what to look for, and identifying, wear and tear which will
grow into a problem in the future.
Do you have proper equipment for checking and adjusting shutterspeeds
etc.?

I only have first hand experience with Paepke Fothotechnik in Germany,
but I know from reading the Rolleiflex group at FaceBook (which now has
555 members) that some members have serviced theri cameras at:

Sendean Cameras in Soho, London

and

Newton Ellis and Co http://www.newtonellis.co.uk/

But I know there's even more reapair shops that service Rollei TLR in the
UK, I just can't remember the names.

Anyways, best of luck with the camera!

Regards from Norway, Per Einar

Den 30. jan.. 2009 kl. 13.20 skrev David B:

Hi All,

As a recent lurker I suddenly have a need to ask a question :o)

My wife's 3.5F shutter speeds are out below 1 second, basically they feel
too fast. She seldom goes belwo 1/30th but it would be nice to have it
running correctly. We are in the UK, do CLA people for the 3.5 still exist
or can I just pull it apart and check it myself?

I am an engineer by background and spend time restoring and maintaining clocks in my spare time but I have always avoided cameras apart from some
recent and minor cleaning on her SL35E and work in the dim and distant
past on BB's - hardly in the same league as the 3.5.

So step away or have a look?

Cheers

/d