[rollei_list] Rolleiflex 3.5F CLA

  • From: "David B" <davy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:20:21 -0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

As a recent lurker I suddenly have a need to ask a question :o)

My wife's 3.5F shutter speeds are out below 1 second, basically they feel
too fast. She seldom goes belwo 1/30th but it would be nice to have it
running correctly. We are in the UK, do CLA people for the 3.5 still exist
or can I just pull it apart and check it myself?

I am an engineer by background and spend time restoring and maintaining
clocks in my spare time but I have always avoided cameras apart from some
recent and minor cleaning on her SL35E and work in the dim and distant
past on BB's - hardly in the same league as the 3.5.

So step away or have a look?

Cheers

/d