[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8C Film Frame

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 06:55:41 -0700

Yes we thought the problem had been resolved with a reduced gap and black roller in the new Rolleis but I have the same roller reflection at about the same frequency in my FX as in my F though not to the same degree. It is a peculiarity of the Rollei that you have to sometimes crop out.

Dennis
On May 29, 2008, at 06:17, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

Elias:
       The famous (or infamous)roller reflection issue
is about the lower roller and not the upper roller,
your Easter sample is showing the lower roller
reflection; It was verified that even respecting the
factory height specs (it's always better to respect
these specs) between vertical rails and horizontal
limits of frame the roller reflection can happen under
certain lighting and exposure adjustment conditions.
Shooting different Rollei TLR along decades, I had
never watched this reflection, never; however after to
see several users get the reflection sometimes, I did
experiments some months ago shooting the 3.5F and 2.8C
outdoors to get significant overexposure, there was no
way to get a roller reflection with the 3.5F, however
I got roller reflections with the 2.8C overexposing
three and four f stops the previous frame _if_ the f
stop was f4 or f2.8 and the shutter speed 1/25 or
1/50.
I think this reflection has to do with the camera
general condition and the parts adjustment about film
tension specially, including the film transport
mechanism adjustment.

All the best
Carlos
--- ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

A Rolleiflex technical querry for a change.  : )

I've been thinking a bit about the problem
(discussed many times
already) of over exposure in a line along the top of
the frame.
Example here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/2422405163/
I was looking at the two vertical rails on either
side of the frame,
that the film is pressed against, and noting how
much higher they are
than the two horizontal limits of the frame. I can
understand the
need to recess these to avoid scratching the film as
it winds past,
but I wonder if they are too low? Does anyone have a
2.8C and a later
model that does not exhibit this "Bug"? And can you
compare the
difference in height between the vertical rails and
the horizontal
ends around the film frame?

Illustration of question here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/2533890102/

Cheers,

E.

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

Correo Yahoo!