[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord Vb type

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:52:34 +0100

Michael,

The Type 1 has a M, X, V lever(M & X sync option and V self timer with
little lettered bumps) whereas Type 2 has only self timer lever (no
labeling) and standard X sync. I have both types. I think the Type 1
looks better, I like the little letters. ;-)

Type 1 has Franke & Heidecke on the front lens plate whereas Type 2 has
ROLLEI-WERKE.

Type 1 was available as the Rolleicopi, Phillips oscilloscope model with
grey leather. This is the same as the standard model except for the
addition of the Rolleicopi focus screen raiser which permitted focusing
on the Polaroid back, the film plane of which was further from the lens
plane due to the construction and attachment of the film pack. The
complete oscilloscope kit included the above in a fitted case and an
oval 'trumpet' that connected the Rolleicord to an oscilloscope via both
lenses so that the oscilloscope screen could be viewed and a photograph
taken at the same time, together with different masks and film counters.
A complete kit is quite rare. The grey Rolleicords and Rolleicopi
spacers come up from time to time. They had matching serial numbers but
it is not often that they have been preserved as a set. I have a grey
'cord and managed to find a 'copi spacer and also a Polaroid back but of
course they all have different serial numbers. Maybe we could publish
our serial numbers and have a swapping session to try and re-match the
sets. ;-)

The 'copi spacer and Polaroid back do not look out of space on a grey
'T' although the leather colour and texture is slightly different

John