[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord Vb $1,451

  • From: Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rollei List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 09:56:03 -0700

Yes, Carlos,

You're technically 100% correct – how could Rollei have called it the Old
Standard if they hadn't designed a new one yet!?

Nevertheless, usage seems to have accepted the Old/New distinction.  Phillips
says the 'common name' is Old Standard, so he uses that as his chapter heading.
 And the Flickr folks who use the camera call themselves the 'Rolleiflex Old
Standard' group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/rolleioldstandard/

Another instance in which usage has trumped original meaning?

Kirk