[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord Vb $1,451

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:45:03 -0300

Hi Kirk:
           As your previous message said the Standard Tessar 3.5/75
with Compur shutter was rare, I thought it suggested there were
Standards with no Compur shutters, OK, you clarified now you wrote
Compur as opposed to Compur-Rapid. Yes, Standards K2B622 with Tessar
3.5/75 and 1/300s shutter timed by escapament are rare in comparison
with the Compur-Rapid version, anyway it was the shutter for the
Original Rolleiflex K1B611,612,613 and 614 and Standards K2B620 and
621.

I don't like to use the term "Old Standard", the camera name is
"Rolleiflex Standard", someone, (not Rollei) added the word "old" when
the Standard New appeared in 1939, but the Standard New was a cheaper
Rolleicord-Rolleiflex intermediate model with very limited production
due to the war, the Standard was a more significant model to be "old"
regarding the Standard New IMO, and then you have "Rolleiflex
Standard" and "Rolleiflex Standard New".

Carlos