[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord Vb $1,451

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:24:26 -0300

2011/8/19 Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
.
>... A small favorable anecdote, however:  An Old Standard in good working order
> sold for $99.99 (to me), and it turned out to be an unusual one, according
> to Phillips – one of the few of the f3.5's that still had a Compur shutter.
>  Not that I care much – I wanted a good uncoated lens, not a collector's
> item.

Kirk:
        I think you did not read my previous message, I found the
Rolleicord Vb in the seller web site.
The Rolleiflex Standard with Tessar 3.5/75 lens was manufactured from
November 1934 to May 1938, they always were provided with a Compur
shutter, from 1934 to 1935 with the older Compur 1/300s  fastest
shutter speed and from 1935 with the newer Compur-Rapid shutter 1/500s
fastest shutter speed (Claus Prochnow, Rollei Report 1).