[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV back rivets

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 15:25:56 +0000

Blackboard paint used to be a good option. I know that a lot of paints are no
longer available because the solvents breach health/safety/environmental
regulations. Hammerite is an example in the UK. The named paint is still
available but is not the same paint.

John

On 02/11/2015 15:12, "`Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If nothing else turns up try Krylon Ultra-Flat Black. It comes in spray
cans but you can spray a little into a container and apply it with a brush.
About the only thing I've found where it does not work is painting the edges of
lens elements because its too thick. I don't know what was used for this but
eons ago Bausch & Lomb sold a paint for it. Long unavailable.