[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:19:31 +0200

Hi Jeffery,

I own two Vb's and will be selling one or maybe both as soon as one of them is back from the CLA. I'm not sure if these are the version 2. How can I tell?

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Jeffery Smith wrote:
You and Daniel Ridings (on the LUG list) have created some very nice works
with the Rolleicord. I agree with your observation of its lightness. Many
shooting opportunities with a Rollei are lost for me when I decide that I
don't want to lug that much weight around. The Rolleicord is a delight to
carry around.

It seems to me that far too much credit is given to the Holga (although it
*is* a bit of a cult camera) and too little credit is given to the
Rolleicord. At some point, I would like to pick up a Rolleicord Vb Type 2,
but mint examples of it often go for as much as one would pay for an Exc++
f3.5 Xenotar. Still, it sure is lightweight.....

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/