[rollei_list] Rolleicord III and "The great Gatsby" movie

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 06:40:01 -0300

"The great Gatsby" (2013) is a movie set in 1922, however there is a scene
where a Rolleicord III is used to take photographs; the Rolleicord III was
made from November 1950 up to July 1953; you can see it's a III and it's
not a IV because it does not have the "M-X" button below the taking lens
and it does not have the double exposure button below the viewing lens. The
Rolleicord III in the movie is an anachronism clearly.
"The great Gatsby" 2013 version with Leonardo di Caprio has others
anachronisms like the cars model. A previous version (1974) with Robert
Redford had less anachronisms, if my memory serves me good; both versions
are based on the Scott Fitzgerald's novel.