[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord 2 focus knob

  • From: Neil Purling <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:14:51 +0100

The beast's focus is in metres. How do I convert this to feet? I intend to write out a table for each type of bulb and refer to that on location so I don't need a caluculator then. Now. I have two rolleicord 2 cameras. One has no flash contact or cable release and t'other does. Now then. Guess which one has a shutter needing a CLA? No prize for the correct guess.......... By ear it affects 1/5 and below, and I won't need to stray below 1/25th for flash photography. Maybe I will be alright? If I am at a local event and light off one of those Meggaflash PF300's I think I would have the local anti-terrorist squad taking a close interest in my activities.

Thanks for the information. I assumed the focus info was metres, but couldn't exclude the possibility they could have issued UK and US cameras with one scribed in feet.