[rollei_list] Re: Rollei trip

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:22:05 -0700

That, of course, depends entirely upon what (subject matter) it is that you are polarizing and/or the direction, with relation to the sun, your camera is pointing. I personally do not have a problem using a polarizer on wide angle lenses. Been doing it for eons. I print my images on Cibachrome and if I happen to get a sky that is uneven, I match it via dodging the light side to match the dark side. This doesn't happen very often as the 40mm lens is really not that wide. As long as you are careful, it's not a problem.

:-)

Jim

I asked the correct question...But I fouind that trying to polarize such a wide angle doesn't work so well. Goes in and out in the ssame photo. Ed -------------- Original message from Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------