[rollei_list] Rollei or pinhole?

  • From: "AardCard" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:21:16 +0100

That's not as silly as it sounds...

I've just joined this group and need some help with a decision I have to make.

I was complaining to some friends the other day that I was getting tired of
digital photography - I have a Nikon D70 and after 2 years of almost daily use,
it still doesn't live up to my expectations.

Half jokingly I said I was thinking of going in the opposite direction and
building myself a pinhole camera. One of my friends suggested I'd be far
happier with his 1950something Rollei. Alcohol was involved so I can't remember
the model number, but I'm meeting up with him in a week or so and I'm sure
he'll continue to try to sell me his camera.

I don't know anything about Rollei, but I am excited by the prospect of
embracing and learning how to use old technology.

What do I need to be aware of - what are the good/bad points? I don't know what
lenses he may or may not have. Is it a problem finding a good range of lenses.

To give you an idea of the kind of pics I want to take, here's a link to some
recent images.

Thanks for the help...

Barry
www.AardCard.com