[rollei_list] Re: Rollei lens hoods

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:00:18 -0700

Allan,

It is short because it is on a wide angle lens and it would intrude in the viewfinder. Genuine Bay IV hoods
have gone for ridiculous prices on eBay a few years ago.

Frankly, I prefer my H'blad with the 50mm f4.0 Distagon. I also have the choice of the 6x6 or the 6x4.5
backs.

I admire your dedication to DIY philosophy. I figure that my time is worth what I am paid at work. If
I can get Harry Fleenor to do it for less--- No question about it.

Jerry

Allan Derickson wrote:

Ah! Thank you Jerry, another great idea down the drain. My Bi and BII measure slightly less than 45mm.

But why then is the B IV hood just a shorty?

Allan,

NO! It is not the same outer dimensions. The bay III lens hood has an outer dimension of 50mm.

Filters forward of the lenshood are very subject to flare.

JERRY