[rollei_list] Re: Rollei historical ads

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:51:21 -0300

Claus Prochnow shows in the Rollei Report V two versions, the older
one has no data recording capability, it was manufactured from
January 1985 up to the end of 1991; the second version has data
recording capability and it was produced from April 1990 and it was
still in production during 2000, however it's no longer manufactured
currently, according the 6000-Hy6 accesories catalog in the DHW site.
These magazines could handle up to 5 meters of 70 mm film to take 60
to 70 frames and they had their own motor to advance the film.

http://petapixel.com/2013/05/12/ilford-imaging-taking-custom-orders-for-ultra-large-and-specialty-format-film/

Next year 2014 will be released the last IMAX 70mm  film for the
remaining 10-12 IMAX analog projection theaters in the world,
"Interstellar", directed by Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight)..."In
2008 The Dark Knight made history as the first major Hollywood motion
picture to include sequences shot with IMAX cameras. It stunned
audiences with the deep clarity and immersive qualities of 70mm IMAX
projection..."(
http://www.nolanfans.com/2013/05/15/interstellar-to-be-the-last-70mm-film-imax-release/
  )

Carlos