[rollei_list] Re: Rollei color conversion filters

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:32:13 -0300

2010/8/8 Allan Derickson <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> ...The instruction sheets with the CC filters had a two-page CC filter use
> scale. This was also in some of the old camera manuals I believe. You pick
> the Kelvin temperature of your film, the Kelvin temperature of your light
> and read off the appropriate filters on the scale...

These Rollei filters were made from 1958, however my 1964 2.8F/ 3.5F
manual does not have the CC filters instructions and all my CC filters
came without the instructions sheet, but I have them in a Rollei
Practical accesories booklet, it has the tables "A" and "B" that work
the way you explained above. BTW, taking a photograph about a sunrise
or a sunset, if you use (f.e.) a B2 filter as suggested in the tables
combo you could lose part of the red and yellow colors that make
interesting the scene, it could be better to increase those colors
using a R5 filter; in the other hand if the landscape doesn't include
sunrise or sunset, a B2 filter could work fine. The same way blue
tonalities and mist for distant views could be nice and then why to
use a R filter. Art and technical rules were made to be broken
sometimes IMO.