[rollei_list] Re: Rollei books

  • From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:35:16 +0100

Jan.

The Rolleiflex SL66 and SLX way is a beautiful and thorough book.
I paid about $85 fot the copy in my bookshelf. Found it by chance on a vacation to Sweden. I bought another copy from England later on for aproximately $70, but it was a prevously library book
(although in nice condition, but with library stamps etc).
I kinda liked the idea of owning a shelf copy and a copy for frequently use, but at a time with low funds I sold it on. The sale was quick and easy, and the buyer offered me $285 for it.

Anyways. The other Mannheim book "The Rollei way" (about TLR's) is often up for sale on ebay.

(Check out Item number: 140179543602 and Item number: 250169301720)

"Im Zauber des Lichts" is a book from 1940.
Inside it says: "Eine Folge des Goldenen Buches der Rolleiflex"
It has a foreword from Walther Heering, and was made by the Heering- verlag. It also has 195 photographs inside, which I believe was quite a lot at the time.

You just gave me the name of a new book to hunt for:
"Das Goldene Buch der Gebrauchsfotografie, Teil II: Mittelformat."
Thanks!

Per Einar

Den 24. nov.. 2007 kl. 16.39 skrev Jan Decher:

Hello Per Einar,

There is true obsession with Rollei ;-)

I envy your two Mannheim books. Still trying to get a copy of the SL66 & SLX way but the price is always stratospheric.

Is "Im Zauber des Lichts" all Rollei photography (Henle?)?

Looks like "Delicious Library" is a fancy version of a citation manager like "Endnote", which is what I use in my work. It lets you format citations for example like this: Mannheim, L. A. 1975. The Rollei SL 66 and SLX Way. Focal Press, London. Robinson, A. H., and F. Henle. 1982. Virgin Islands National Park - The story behind the scenery. KC Publications, Las Vegas, Nevada. Henle, F. 1975. Casals. American Photographic Book Publishing Company, Garden City, New York. Heydemann/Mueller-Karch, B. 1970. Das Goldene Buch der Gebrauchsfotografie, Teil II: Mittelformat. Technik und Anwendung am Beispiel der Rollei SL 66. Verlag Laterna magica Joachim F. Richter, Berg am Starnberger See.

(These are four books on my search list.)

Anyway, great collection . Keep us posted on your Norwegian Rollei site.

Jan

From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei books
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:24:06 +0100

I'm a collector by nature, and the other day I finally got around
to set up a bookshelf for my photobooks. I've registered them
in Delicious Library, a fine program for registering books, CD's
and DVD's (for Mac, don't know if it's available for Windows).
I've even scanned all the frontcovers on my photobooks, which
is 118 different books.

I took a picture of each shelf for own interest, but also I've arranged
the Rollei books in a separate shelf and took a snapshot.

You can see it here:
http://www.rollei.no/books/RolleiHylla.jpg