[rollei_list] Re: Rollei body cap?

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:39:12 +0100

Thanks, I stand corrected!

It does look slightly different to my SL66 cap but not by much - I did not take
in the measurement. I did mentally question my answer as I was typing it - why
was it made in Singapore? MF cameras were made in Germany.

I will go to the back of the class for not reading the question properly ;-)

John

On 27 Jul 2014, at 20:20, rocketmanpm .
<petermattei@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

It's for the SLR 35mm Rolleis.  The SL66 caps have smooth edges and are larger
than the reported 58mm.

On 27 July 2014 12:05, John Wild
<JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Glyn,

Without actually being able to look closely, I am almost certain it is an SL66
series front body cap; a fairly rare commodity these days. The bayonet is
smaller than for the 6000 series and it is also deeper because it fits into the
inner bayonet mount in the SL66 camera - the one used for standard lens
attachment. The larger, outer bayonet is for reverse mounting lenses.

John

On 27 Jul 2014, at 18:33, Glyn Duggan
<Glyn.Duggan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Glyn.Duggan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I bought an assortment of odds and ends from a dealer's oddments box
> recently, with a view to offering them up on eBay in due course. Amongst
> them was a Rollei cap that I assume is a body cap for a medium-format
> SLR, though I could well be wrong.  I'd be very grateful for help in
> identifying exactly what the cap is.
>
> Its overall diameter is just over 58 mm.  The face has a textured
> finish, with the Rollei name in raised smooth letters, and surrounded by
> a smooth rim with serrated edge.  The inner face is shiny and has the
> word Singapore in small letters. The raised section with bayonet flanges
> is a little over 46mm diameter.  You can see images ( though not
> especially good ones) at
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93317897/P1000698.JPG
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wfdzmd8ztnp0ln/P1000700.JPG
>
> Many thanks
>
> Glyn
>
> - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> - Subscribe at
> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org/>
>
> - Unsubscribe at
> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> with
> 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org/>

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

- Subscribe at
rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org/>

- Unsubscribe at
rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org/>

This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email,
including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message
or the contents is not permitted.