[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:57:57 -0400

At 10:21 AM 9/6/2006, Allen Zak wrote:

On Sep 6, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Marc James Small wrote:

B&H, and all of the other German optical firms, were under severe strictures after 1933 as to what they were permitted to print. I have a LOT of Prewar Zeiss and F&H and Leitz literatrure minus any national flags and the like, but these are the English-language editions. The German-language editions are a bit different by more then ein bischen.

The books and brochures to which I referred were all English language versions.

Go figuree: businessmen attempt to survive in a hostile environment and you immediately damn them as fellow-travellers. You really ought to re-read your copy of Lenin: he spoke at length on this point.

Which writings by Lenin do you have in mind?

Allen Zak

A;;em

You are REALLY starting to annoy me. ALL Franke & Heidecke publications were subject to censorship. Publications put out by their US agency were subject to censorship. Why do you not LEARN how dictatorships work before tossing out futile comments about culpabilities? The company had NO CHOICE. They published these pictures or they were out of business and the families were in concentration camps. What more do you want? You and I have never experienced this but I have interviewed hundreds of folks who were there, and the answer is that you did what was necessary to survive.

As to Lenin, read his writings: he wrote repetitively about his perception that the Middle Class was the true enemy of the Proletariat and that the factory owner was the worst of that lot. And he warned, in many points, that factory owners and managers would do their best to seem to adapt themselves to the New Regime, once the Revolution had come (In the end, most Russian Imperial factory managers kept their jobs under the Soviets, proving yet again the dishonesty in Lenin's rants.)

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

--- Rollei List