[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TL camera

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:24:46 -0400

Jim, welcome to the list. I know you feel honored to be the recipient of
Jerry's official customary welcome tone with your maiden post... ;-)

I actually beg to differ with my good friend Jerry... my Rolleiflex 2.8 C
Planar from 1954 was a serial number right on the top of the camera between
the DBP and DBGM markings directly above the Rolleiflex logo. I don't think
the camera could be from the 40s, as the Planar was only available from 1954
or so forward...

Jerry is quite right in saying that we would have to know much more about
the condition of the camera before an approximate value could be offered.

Jim, if you could check and post any serial numbers and features you could
find, including lens numbers, it might be helpful in identifying which model
you have. Here are some images and information which might be helpful... I
have not reviewed it for accuracy...

http://johnsrolleionlypage.homestead.com/Rollei28Collection.html

Eric Goldstein

----