[rollei_list] Re: Rollei SLX and Astro Stereo Glass Plate Club

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 03:54:19 -0700 (PDT)

John:
      The seller has 100% positive feedback for 1350 transactions and he is
assuring the adapter works for SLX and 6000 Rollei cameras; anyway the back
looks different regarding a regular SLX back, they have fixings at the same
plane as you wrote. The "hinge" in the film sheet back has the same position
regarding the regular back but it's somewhat different, it's difficult to give
an opinion without to know the exact way back and inserts work in conjunction.
Again, considering the seller feedback, if he assures the adapter works right
for those cameras, I think it will work right. It looks like the back top is
different to allow room to insert the film cut insert.

Please note this is a collector item, or at least it belonged to a Rollei
collection, I did not find this accesory in my sources including the Rollei
Report V, the design style and construction puts this cut film adapter very
close to an earlier SLX camera.
It's a pity we no longer have Claus Prochnow to ask him, he participated in the
SLX and 6000 cameras design very much, the regular SLX/6000 film insert is a
patented Prochnow's design.-

Carlos