[rollei_list] Re: Rollei SLX and Astro Stereo Glass Plate Club

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:01:53 -0400

On Apr 6, 2009, at 10:41 AM, John Wild wrote:
What does appeal to me also is being able to use
the screen to view compositions that use the full capabilities of the SL66 to check depth of field etc. The viewfinder screen is sometimes dark at the edges which makes it difficult to check. A 'roving' magnifier on the ground glass might give a clearer view.

The view through the ground glass is hard to appreciate without a cover over your head and the camera - somewhat impractical with such a small light camera such the Rolleiflex. I've spent a little too much (OCD) time comparing the view through the ground glass and through the finder, and it's not worth noting. Unless of course the camera is on a tripod and at eye level, when the finder is out of reach.

Elias