[rollei_list] Rollei SLR with zoom and Kodak Ultramax 400

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:57:41 -0300

I also carried the Rolleiflex SL35 M with the Rolleinar (Tokina)
80mm-200mm zoom for my travel to climb the Lanin volcano, however I
only used the 3.5F during the climbing and my son took lot of images
with his digital Kodak 12MP, the SL 35M was heavy too much with the
zoom and I kept it at the hotel to take photographs about the
Huechulafquen lake area the day after the summit attempt.

The Lanin south face has a nice view from the lake, however it was a
rainy day and the volcano was completely covered by clouds, it was
invisible. We had lost every hope to obtain that image and were taking
photographs about a river with its source in the lake when suddenly I
saw the Lanin silhouette among the clouds, I knew I had a few seconds
to take the photograph and then released the shutter quickly with the
zoom at 200mm, it was the last frame from the 24 exposures Kodak
Ulltramax 400 color negative film, it was almost an irony my son with
his camera memory card for one million images (to say a number)
couldn't get it because he was changing the camera battery:

The Lanin volcano south face from the lake:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6504403339/in/photostream

A creek in the mountains:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6504631001/in/photostream/