[rollei_list] Re: Rollei SL66 and other cameras and lenses CLA

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 12:54:26 -0200

Hi Jan:
            I really have another few options, but these people always
did a good job for my equipment and I prefer to wait for the SL66 and
its lens. Sometimes they don't have spare parts for some models and it
was the main reason I sent the 3.5F to Harry Fleenor in California,
the Contax II to Eddy Somolov in NYC and the VSL3-E to FFS in
Braunschweig, they did an excellent work BTW.
You are right about the SL66 pro use, in fact I bought mine from a
photographic pro study, however the problem for my camera seems to be
a CLA issue only, the focal plane shutter and the mirror (I think)
have some problem to work together sometimes, causing exposure banding
on the neg or no film exposure for some frames, in the other hand
other frames are exposed perfectly. The Distagon 4/80 lens is very
clean, but my version is provided with a secondary central Compur
shutter that I never use (it's useful for fill-in flash)and this
shutter needed a CLA too.

Carlos