[rollei_list] Rollei SL66 and other cameras and lenses CLA

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 13:09:09 -0200

I have not used the Rolleiflex SL66 for more than a year now. At the
ending of 2012 I noticed the Rolleiflex SL 66 shutter-mirror combo
working problem became more serious; it already had a problem from the
beginning when I bought it, but the camera worked fine most of the
time. At the ending of 2012,  the shutter- mirror combo did not work
fine for several frames and I lost them; the Distagon 4/80 Compur
shutter needed a CLA too. I sent the SL66 for CLA last April, but I'm
still waiting for the SL66 and the Distagon, it happens that only the
repair shop's technical head, an engineer, "touches" this camera and
he needed a risky surgery last year, he is recovering now and he wrote
me I'll have my camera for February or March.

I also sent other cameras and lenses for CLA last April. The "new"
Rollei 35 S lens barrel became jammed as I explained in a previous
post; the reliable Pentax P30t I had bought brand new and worked fine
for 20 years, suddenly started to advance the film without to cock the
shutter; the Voss Diax IIa rangefinder was out of calibration; the
Planar 1.8/50 HFT, whilst pristine optically, had a no synchronized
scale distance ring regarding the reflex focusing, f.e. real
"infinity", according I saw it in the viewfinder , was at about 10m in
the scale and setting the focus on the infinity mark in the scale, the
same subject was out of focus completely, in fact there was no problem
to take sharp images with the lens at any distance, but the lack of
focusing ring - distance scale synchronization was annoying to
calculate DOF. The venerable CZJ coated 1947 Sonnar 2/5cm for the
Contax II also needed a CLA.
All these cameras and lenses returned to my home working fine, I
already uploaded to my Flickr Gallery some samples taken with the
Rollei 35 S.The Gossen Luna Pro F lightmeter after to work fine for
some months got a shortcircuit and it couldn't be repaired. I'm
waiting for the SL66 and the Distagon now.