[rollei_list] Rollei Rollers - Film Issues

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 04:01:08 -0500

Hi Carlos,

I think we have all had these things happen with our gear. It's especially painful when there's a great opportunity for the perfect shot or a formal group shot of people you never get in the same place again.

What you said about the three reasons to not put the feeler mechanism into the GX makes me wonder how much trouble people really have with "thin modern film" in their Rolleiflex Es and Fs? I had no issues in my 3.5E

I have only had a related (frame spacing) problem in the Super Ikonta BX, which H. Scherer restored with some fuzzy loading instructions to that extent (now long sold). Different mechanism of course in the SI . Pretty much turned me off late ZI MF folders.

Jan
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:48:25 -0300
Subject: [rollei_list] The "automat" film feeler mechanism
From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>

;...
I recovered the film in the dark bag afterward and I'm using it in the 3,5F
again, but I couldn't recover the moment I wanted for the Rollei...