[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro Film

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:27:09 -0500

Wow Richard, that was thorough, and very interesting.

I do use hewes reels. You're right about all their salutary effects
Marc. As for darkroom fun, Marc, I learned a bit about selenium
toning last night!

I presoak for 3 minutes before developing. I used Kodak indicator
stop bath (which I know is acidic, as I once spilled some of the
concentrate on my unprotected hand). I used Kodafix (which has a
hardener), and I used a hypo clearing agent after the fix. According
the hypo clearing agent's instructions, one minute continuous
agitation in water, before and after the clearing, is all that's
required for washing, I do one more with a wetting agent. Not enough
washing causing the curl?

Ilford specifically cautions against using hardening fixer with their
films. Maco on the other hand recommended it.

Maybe my film is drying too fast. It's very dry (and cool in the
basement this time of year).

Anyway, wonderful tones, a very good looking grain on this film. I
posted a few shots on my flickr page - two to the Rollei group.

Elias