[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Planars

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:17:53 -0300 (ART)

--- Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
"..  The
> Xenotar should be sharper at wider openings and also
> render a flatter
> field...>
> Allen Zak

Really I am always surprised for the Xenotar good
performance at f 2.8, it is not sharp, it is VERY
sharp at f 2.8 if well focused, but, as you wrote for
the Tessar, I never found true differences between the
Xenotar and the Rolleimagic Xenar at f 8 and higher f
numbers(smaller apertures), at least using normal
sizes prints, now I'll look for differences between
the Xenotar and the Xenar on the Rolleicord IV.
However, it's interesting to note that F&H recommended
to use the H1 filter with the Xenar and Tessar for
color photography, an they said that this filter was
not necessary for the Xenoatar and Planar. This
suggestion is talking about a difference for color
correction between these lenses, difference that the
new color films using several filters layers have
hidden definitively.-

All the best
Carlos

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar