[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Patents

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:17:11 -0300

Interesting work Richard, the Rolleiflex had hardly appeared when
there was a famous legal case in Braunschweig between Voigtländer and
their former employees Paul Franke and Reinhold Heidecke, I don't
recall details now but results were that Voigtländer was free to make
a TLR, however F&H could preserve their main patents for the Rollei
TLR exclusive use; the Voigtländer TLR cameras never could be
competition for the Rolleiflex, one of the Rolleiflex compactness
secret was the film upper spool position and there was a patent
keeping the rights for F&H.-

Carlos