[rollei_list] Rollei Pano Head reloaded

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:17:55 -0300

Some years ago I downloaded the Panorama Factory software trial
version and the results were disappointing to me, it had serious
problems to stitch the frames, the software warned that  the frames
overlapping was very narrow;  it needed a larger overlapping
percentage to do a right task. I did not buy it and continued
stitching the frames manually as if they were prints (sometimes a hard
work to do it digitally), up to I discovered Photomerge within PSE 2;
I stitched two panos taken with the Rollei Tripod Head, it provides a
larger overlapping for the frames than the Rollei Pano Head and had no
problems with PSE 2 Photomerge.

Now I re-scanned two panos with the v700 scanner (three frames each
one) taken some years ago  with the Rollei Pano Head and the narrower
frames overlapping was not a problem this time, the PSE 9 Photomerge
worked fine; the panos were taken using the Rolleiflex 2.8C Xenotar
and Fuji Reala ISO 100 color negative film:

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/8503692696/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/8503680506/in/photostream/