[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Mutar vs RolleiWIDE/TELE vs Mamiya C330

  • From: andrearicci@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:16:13 +0200

Thanks for your contributions
Clearly it comes out very clearly that:
mutars are worth
mamiya is too heavy

With regard to the Hassy set you're right
I am just concerned with the idea of going, say, in the middle of cairo with a super 6008AF around the neck
Maybe I'm wrong
Thanks for your comments!

On Jul 17, 2005, at 8:05 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Andrea,
If I needed a 6x6cm camera for wide angle as well as normal and telephoto,
I would get a Hasselblad with 50mm, 80mm and 150mm lenses, rather than
three Rolleiflexes. In fact, that is just what I have and use. Or would YOUR
subjects consider that "pro like equipment". What would they think of you
with THREE Rolleiflexes hanging around your neck? Forget the Mamamiya,
it is a FPITA to use.

Jerry

andrearicci@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyoneI have a rolleiflex 3,5 and I am interested in completing an outfit allowing me to have a completely mechanical outfit to be used in locations where top gear does not really work well (eiher because of the weather or because locals get nervous when they see "pro like equipment" targeting their faces...)Old TLRs are notoriously better precisely for these questions? Can anyone suggest a rational strategy ?Should I go for the mutars, spend the money it's needed and get the special rolleis or go for a mamiya C330?This is an opinion I have found on photo.net
QUOTE "...The 1.5x Mutar is passable, the 0.7x Mutar is below par. The add-on Tele-Wide lenses for the Yashicamats are no worse, if you've got a Bay-I Rollei try a set and get it out of your system. If you really want other than a standard lens on a TLR you'll have to spring for a Rolleiwide and a Tele-Rollei or get a Mamiya C330."END QUOTE

What do you think ?
Thanks Andrea