[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Film

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 05:45:22 +0100

Le 18/12/2011 02:24, David Sadowski a écrit :

> Factories cime and go, but a brand name is forever.

Hello !
Remember that the real name was Agfa-Gevaert. Agfa was the German part
and Gevaert was the Belgian part.
The Belgian part is still alive, producing micro-film and aerial film.
This is where the Rollei/Agfa film came from.
A lot of them are film for microphotography (line art and very sturdy
and transparent base). Sometimes we can see films for color prints with
unusual color response which is aerial photography stock put into a 35
mm cassette. I think the Digibase color stock from Rollei is such a film
(but can't tell for sure). All of this stock is out from Agfa-Mortsel in
Belgium.
Last but not least; bear in mind that Agfa run 24/ 7 before closing down
in order to produce (and sell ) as much as they can to prevent
bancrupcy. There are still some stock left.
Hope this helps.

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
                Abraham Maslow