[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Case Restoration

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:44:32 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Collins" <fredcol23@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:23 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei Case Restoration

Happy New Year All...

I have just finished needed restitching of my Tessar 3.5 Rollei case. The camera was purchased in the early 1950s. The strap has long since gone and I would appreciate suggestions on a replacement of the strap. Fred Someone in the list may have a strap or perhaps an old one where the buckles can be salvaged. I have a case where the strap links on the case have disintegrated. Tandy Leather used to have the right sort of leather and rivets but they closed all their stores and now sell on the Internet. Maybe a cheaper way to do business but I still like to see and feel the goods I am buying.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx