[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Breakers yard

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:39:46 -0700

   From the spectrogram shown on the page linked below the sensitivity is very similar to "classic" ortho films as shown in Kodak and Ansco film booklets from about 1950. While the sensitivity of those films varies from one to another most are sensitive down to about 550nM. Both Kodak and Ansco are about the same. Some special purpose ortho films, like Kodak Commercial Ortho do not have much green sensitivty but the general purpose films are fairly flat down to about 550nM above which they drop off rapidly. The curve shown is for Ilford Ortho Plus which seems much like the older films. I can't find a spectrogram for the Rollei product.
   I am reminded again that Ansco made some excellent films and papers.
On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

It's been out of stock in 120 for a while. Freesyle shows it back available in early November but I am skeptical

Also, the spectral sensitivity of the Rollei film is not classically ortho. But it is still a fine film

https://dacnard.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/the-real-shades-of-gray-bw-film-is-a-matter-of-heart-pt-1/

This is the best price I have found if it becomes available again

https://www.camerafilmphoto.com/product/rollei-ortho-25-120/

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx