[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 6008i problem - next problem

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:14:11 +0100

Happy Easter to everybody.

Hi Ferdi,

I have a 6008 Professional 'dummy' model which I have just carefully 'removed a
few screws' from.

The two switches are just small micro switches under the outer plastic
operators. The green one has two plastic axel pins about which the button rocks
to press on the microswitch underneath. It is possible that this rocking axel
assembly has come unclipped or damaged. Alternatively some dirt has got in
between the green operator and the sides of the knob. The microswitch spring
seems to lift the green operator back to rest. I did not try to remove the
microswitch or operator.

If you feel brave, here's how to 'go in'....

I usually do this sort of thing on a double bed ;-)) because there is lots of
space to spread things out and  'pinging' things do not really bounce.

Remove the grip. There is a small disk held in with 3 screws. Under this are
three little ball bearings and springs which lock the grip. These are loose at
this point and hold the sprung plunger in the centre of the grip in place.

If you carefully press the plunger down, it releases the spring pressure and so
you can put those ball bearings and springs aside. There are also 6 screws
which when removed allow the outer knob with switches attached to be pulled off.

There are three wires from the microswitches which go through into the camera
body. I do not know how much slack there is because, being a dummy camera, on
mine they had been cut short!. It is possible that the side of the camera has
to be removed first to gain more play on the wires. I expect the knob is
assembled as a unit and then attached to the camera and wires soldered to the
circuit board last of all.

There are also two brass pins which locate in the camera body and also either
side of the grey meter lock switch in the outer switch housing. They are just
located in small holes and are loose. They are  'fiddly' to get back, akin to
assembling clock pinions - a bit of waggling and hope you find the holes. I
found it easier to put the longer pin end in the camera body first and
carefully lower the outer switch housing back on. It took a few goes to get it
right.

I then screwed in the 6 screws, put the plunger back and by depressing it
slightly, put the springs and ball bearings in place, holding it all in with
one finger and carefully sliding the cover plate back into place.

I have no bits left over, the switches still click and the shutter speed dial
still turns. That makes no reall difference because the camera is a dummy
anyway!

Good luck.

John