[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 4560 & 135 film holders

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:14:42 +0100

Hi Carlos,

Thanks; So far I've worked out that:

the 'little red button' on the adapter plate is the lock overide for removing
the adapter if a 4560/135 back is in place. Without the back it does nothing.
With the back placed in the adapter, the two side release buttons are locked
until the red button is depressed. The slide on the back cannot be opened until
the back is in the adapter and the back cannot be removed from the adapter
until the slide has been closed again. The mechanical interlocks are virtually
foolproof. ;-)

For the display:

ISO/DIN: changes the film speed format

On/Off: I have not yet worked out

Run/Stop: RUN is normal single exposure per frame and STOP stops the motorwind
giving multi exposures

Auto/Turn: Auto is AUTOmatic run and rewind and Turn is manual rewind; reTURN
(I think) The film wind motor detects increased resistance at the end of the
film and automatically starts to rewind. There are two gear wheels one for
forwards and one for rewind. I do not know if there are two motors or whether
an idler gear switches between forwards and reverse.

I will have to extract the leader from my old film cassette so I can run it
through again to try the different buttons again.

It seems to take 2 off LR44 1.5v alkaline button cells to power the LCD memory
when the back is off the camera, although, when the camera switches itself off
after 10 seconds the power to the LCD & memory cuts off too so the button cells
are necessary to keep the information.

Apparantly the 4560 backs don't have any instructions either!

Best wishes

John