[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 14:06:04 -0500

At 06:34 AM 7/9/2017, Carlos wrote:

Lighting conditions were too con)trasty, I preferred to use the camera lightmeter to calculate this shot exposure:
<https://flic.kr/p/VUYUjm>https://flic.kr/p/VUYUjm

Yes, there are some scenes which are beyond the range of any film. Most of the time we just accept it.

I think there are digital cameras, mostly for professional or scientific use, which take three or more images for later compositing. I think my Ricoh Theta can take three such images with a single shutter push. (I tend to think that some commercial TV cameras have some kind of compression available, but it's just a guess from looking at outside news video. Richard Knoppow may know . . . he may not be active here though.)

On a slightly related subject, many TV studios like to have windows to the outside, which makes the view more interesting. Now, many hears later, they have started to put ND film on the glass so the outside isn't burned out. Took them years to do that.

Finally, I wonder whether those cameras which take multiple images with different focal lengths are available to the amateur . . can't remember the name of the process.

DAW