[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 meter battery

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:00:41 -0400

At 11:13 AM 9/25/2006, Marvin Wallace wrote:

I can supply PX 625's from Hong Kong, they are not difficult to find here. I
was shipping them to the US via E&*# at one time. E^$%$ stopped me as they
are a banned item in the USA now.
Contact me off list if you would like me to source them for you.

Marvin

To be precise, the sale of mercury cells is perfectly legal in the US but only if a mechanism for recycling them when spent is adopted. For various reasons, the camera companies chose to dump these rather than to set up a turn-in system. The EPA is behind this foolishness -- a PX 625 has about 1/100th the mercury contained in the average flourescent light tube, and the EPA has not even considered regulating THESE.

Thanks for your input!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!