[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 analogue DoF calculators + same for TLR 75mm and 80 mm

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:27:46 +0200

(DoF, continuned)

For those who love slide rules (and I know that many of our rug-gers here
do love those venerable devices workong withot electricity) I've plotted
two circular DoF calculators to be glued on cardboard.

Those Dof calculators "for fun" are valid only for far-distant
objects, located 10x the focal length and further away; and distances
are measured from the lens, not from the film plane like in classical
engravings (measurinn from the lens position makes the model &
computations of analogue scales and DoF limits somewhat easier).

1/ for the Rollei 35 f=40 mm circle of confusion = 24 microns
ruler-dof-2p8-40mm-24mu.pdf
http://cjoint.com/?BGfpYRZVsg5

2/ for the standard Rolleflex TLR 3.5/75 mm and 2.8/80 mm circle of confusion 50 microns
ruler-dof-3p5-75mm+2p8-80mm-50mu.pdf
http://cjoint.com/?BGfpZrMvh6S

have fun ;-)
--
Emmanuel

P.S. I've added here a .zip archive
ruler-DoF-program+data-files.zip
http://cjoint.com/?BGfrlz7mEhd

with the program source files and various data-files that I've used in
order to make the final plots in pdf format in a semi-automated
procedure. I'm combining various free software tools under linux, a
FORTRAN program, same vintage as my Rolleiflex T, with all input data
hard-wired inside the code itself like in the good old days.
Additional tools are the usual freeware stuff, the gnuplot plotting
program and the xfig figure program for fine tuning the final layout,
but you can use whichever drawing programme for this.