[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 DoF chart

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 07:14:35 +0200

Welcome to the Rollei-35 & guess-focusing gang !

 02/07/2012 23:53 / CarlosMFreaza said :

You need to specify your desired circle of confusion, the DOF table
in the Rollei 35 manual is for .25mm circle of confusion ...

... 0.025 mm = 25 microns would be actually closer to reality ;-)

(I wish my employer would consistently make such en arror by a factor
10x on my payroll ;-)

To me, no DOF table nor any computational aids are actually required
in order to make good pictures with the Rollei 35 (at least this is my
experience since 1981 ;-)

Some readings in the achives of his group

Using the Rollei 35 without any DoF table ;-)
http://www.rugarchives.org/1999-10/00850.html

Reverse-engineering of Dof Engravings in the Rollei 35
http://www.rugarchives.org/2003-06/01184.html

--
Emmanuel