[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 3.5 Tessar vs. "classic" 2.8 Planar which is now available for rangefinder screwmount cameras.

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:49:38 -0700

On 4/21/06 1:30 PM, "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:

> I forgot to mention that if you have a camera with
> Leica M mount you could use the Sonnar 2.8/40 and the
> Planar 2.8/80 available for the Rollei 35 RF because
> these lenses also have Leica M mount.
> The old or classic Rollei 35 had not interchangeable
> lenses, they were provided with fixed lens Tessar or
> Triotar or Xenar or Sonnar; BTW Tessar and Xenar were
> excellent lenses however the Sonnar for the Rollei 35
> S was considered top of the line.-
>
> All the best
> Carlos

Well the measly first Tessar with crude coating may not measure up to the
more complex and better coated and faster Sonnar but I say phooey to those
Xenars and Triotars which sound like a limited edition glass unicorn
collection Hand signed and numbered.
And I thought that's what I'd read in my various Rollei books. Now packed
away. In the Rollei box. Maybe I can find that.

Mark Rabiner, Photographer, Wanderer, Mover and Groover.
Studio-Residence Phone: 503.221.0301
Cellphone I have with me half the time: 503.515.5565
1905 NW 23rd Place Portland Oregon 97210-2535
But not after May 1. As I'm skipping out to the east coast.
Will be on the road the whole of May as they fix up and sell my house and
belongings.
Website in flux but there's hope: www.rabinergroup.com
A big email guy: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  even on the road.
The Cellphone also will be in full swing on the road.
The website updated daily in May on the road with all waitresses, breakfast
plates and "Travels with Elmo".

Mark